Don’t throw away those pumpkins seeds; instead make a delicious and healthy snack!
If you’ve already carved your pumpkin you probably ended up with a bowl full of seeds and guts. Why don’t make use of those seeds and make a healthy snack. It’s rather easy and doesn’t take much effort to make your own homemade pumpkins seeds with ingredients you already have. You can get really creative by adding different spices and flavorings to your seeds. I however, like the classic salted version much better and that’s what I am going to show you how to make them!
- Cookie Sheet
- Oil or cooking spray
- Make sure your seeds are clean of any guts and clean them before use
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Measure out ½ cup of seeds and add 2 cups of water for every ½ cup of seeds you add
- Add ½ tsp of salt (or more if you like your seeds saltier like I do) for every cup of water you use
- Add all these ingredients to your pot and let it simmer for 10 minutes on the stove
- Once, they have simmered for 10 minutes drain and put on your greased cookie sheet
- Bake for 10 minutes or until brown.
It’s that easy you can also modify this based on how many seeds you have, and flavor preferences. These are my favorite snack especially around Halloween and is a great way to reuse something that would normally get thrown away.
Latest posts by Confessionsofamommyof5 (see all)
- 30% off your order or free shipping from BloomThat! - March 24, 2017
- $8.88 jeans + 50% off Easter and more! - March 24, 2017
- New Gymboree customers can save 15% off their first purchase - March 24, 2017