Simple sheet hack for a more organized linen closet!
When we bought our house in 2007 they didn’t have any actual closets (like in the bathrooms) and our bathroom downstairs has a ton of cabinets but no medicine cabinet! So, since our upstairs bathroom has no storage and the kids like to throw everything off the shelves in the hallway we had to buy a storage cabinet. The way the bathroom is laid out it’s impossible to put the doors on and we have to have it hanging out close to the shower. So, I saw this way to organize your sheets and he to fold a fitted sheet. These are the one things I hate and typically when I’m done I just end up throwing it into a ball by being fed up in it not working. On Sunday I organized the cabinet and I really like it no more sheets everywhere and no more guessing who has what set of sheets. (We usually don’t use the flat sheets)
If you have trouble folding a fitted sheet here’s a tip that I learned to make it work.
1. With the sheet inside out, place one hand in each of two adjacent corners.
2. Bring your right hand to your left, and fold the corner in your right hand over the one in your left, so the corner on top is right side out. Next, reach down and pick up the corner that is adjacent to the one that was in your right hand (it will be hanging in front), and fold it over the other two; this third corner will be inside out.
3. Bring the last corner up, and fold it over the others so it is right side out.
4. Lay the sheet flat, and straighten it into the shape shown above.
5. Fold the two edges in, folding the edge with elastic in first, so all elastic is hidden.
6. Fold the strip into a smaller rectangle.
7. Continue folding until rectangle is the size you want.
Now, to organize your cabinet, closet or whatever you use:
Now that you know how to fold your fitted sheet it’s time to pair things up.
Gather the pillow cases, flat sheets and fitted sheets. Fold nicely until they are folded down to a small square/rectangle.
Stack the fitted, flat and any extra pillowcases on top of each other.
If you have two pillowcases use one pillowcase and put your sheets and case in it and voila!
No more looking for matching sheets! You now can easily find what your looking for grab and go.
What do you think? Pretty nifty huh? Do you have any organizing tips? Feel free to let me know about them! Who knows I might even share them with everyone!
Latest posts by Confessionsofamommyof5 (see all)
- 250 4×6 prints plus 1 16×20 print from Shutterfly! - June 16, 2018
- $19.99 day camp labels at Mabel’s Labels! - June 15, 2018
- Take up to 40% off Cricut vinyl, blades and more! - June 14, 2018