Pokemon Go has been all over social media, check out my post on why you should play Pokemon Go!
The world has been captivated with Pokemon Go since it came out a week ago. A game that’s spawned a thousand memes, groups and potential business ventures it’s the game that got everyone out and moving. While more bad has been reported than good it’s a game that has both old and new Pokemon fans attempting to face the catchphrase “Gotta catch ’em all”, but what reasons should you play Pokemon Go?
- Learn History – Most PokeStops are historical landmarks; including churches, cemeteries, murals, and other local landmarks. As you go about your city you can teach your kids what’s the importance of these landmarks and why they are PokeStops.
- Explore Your City – Exploring the city you live in can teach you history that you never knew about. For example, there’s a PokeStop down the street from my house…in the cemetery…creepy right? However, the headstone of the person who claims the PokeStop is actually someone who was beneficial in founding the city I live in. I never knew that until the game, and I’ve lived here most of my life.
- Exercising – While you’re out exploring your city or maybe even a new city you’re getting exercise by walking around. You’re playing the game (and being alert!) by catching Pokemon you don’t realize that your getting much needed exercise.
- Meet New People – While you’re visiting PokeStops you have the opportunity to meet other Pokemon fans and build friendships. Real life friendships are just as beneficial as online ones.
- Spending Quality Time – If you’re a Pokemon fan young or old spending time with your child, significant other or even just friends allows you to spend time with each other and enjoy something you all love.
- Getting Outside – Best thing about Pokemon Go is it’s getting hardcore gamers outside into the fresh air and off the couch. Sunlight helps increases your body’s natural Vitamin D production, as well and reducing stressors.
- It’s Free – It doesn’t cost any money to download or play; but there are options for in app purchases to help you on your Pokemon Master journey. It’s also available for both iOS and Android users in the US, Australia and New Zealand. I believe today it was just released in the UK, and future releases in Canada, Brazil and Japan.
- It’s Pokemon – Seeing Pokemon in real life settings definitely falls into the augmented reality category in which the game is labeled. You can even take a selfie with your Pokemon and you’re learning about Pokemon and which ones you can expect to find in different areas. For example, water Pokemon are more likely to be near water than say in a city or grassy areas.
- Parents Love It – If you’re a parent of a gamer you know how hard it can be to get kids to go outside and play; technically has a major hold on the younger generation and play time mostly consists of video games instead of outdoor play. Pokemon is one of the first games that is actually getting kids and adults alike up, out of the house and moving without much effort. If you’re a millennial and grew up with Pokemon is bittersweet seeing your children playing something you used to when you were younger.
- Travel – If you’re doing any traveling this summer this is a great opportunity to make the most out of your trip and gets the kids learning about their new location.
Like all games there are some rules you should follow to remain safe:
- 1. Don’t go out alone (Always travel with a buddy, even if this is a pet)
- 2. Be alert of your surroundings (This is what the game tells you before you even start it!)
- 3. Don’t go out at night (Like anything, nighttime can bring the worse out of people)
- 4. Be aware of the incense lair (It’s been stated that criminals are using these lure trainers)
- 5. If you’re unfamiliar with a place or feel comfortable leave right away (If you get a bad vibe about a place or see a lot of suspicious people leave immediately)
Have you been playing Pokemon Go? Do you like it? Would you let your children play this game? Sound off in the comment section below, remember to keep it clean and respect others opinions.
Latest posts by Confessionsofamommyof5 (see all)
- 500+ Cut files and 11 fonts for $19 + new font bundle! - September 19, 2018
- Fall into style with fall fashions now 30% at Gymboree! - September 19, 2018
- 250 Prints or 10 Magnets today only! - September 19, 2018