You’ve just carved your pumpkin now put those seeds to use by making a delicious snack!One of my favorite things about craving a pumpkin is using the seeds that are left over. Pumpkin seeds contain omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, and fiber which mean they are not good to snack on but also have health benefits. The fiber in the seeds can help control cholesterol in your blood and reduce your risk of heart disease. With the staggering amount of benefits from consumption, it seems silly to throw those precious seeds away so why not make your own pumpkin seeds at no cost.
You can get really creative when making your own seeds you can go the classic route like salted or spice them any way you want by adding ranch seasoning, cinnamon, or whatever you like. Best of all it doesn’t take much time or use any additional ingredients you probably don’t already have. Here is my recipe for making a tasty, salty snack.
- Cookie Sheet
- Oil or cooking spray
- Make sure your seeds are clean of any guts and clean them before use
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Measure out ½ cup of seeds and add 2 cups of water for every ½ cup of seeds you add
- Add ½ Tsp of salt (or more if you like your seeds saltier like I do) for every cup of water you use
- Add all these ingredients to your pot and let it simmer for 10 minutes on the stove
- Once, they have simmered for 10 minutes drain and put on your greased cookie sheet
- Bake for 10 minutes or until brown.
It’s that easy you can also modify this based on how many seeds you have and flavor preferences. These are my favorite snack especially around Halloween and is a great way to reuse something that would normally get thrown away.
Latest posts by Confessionsofamommyof5 (see all)
- 500+ Cut files and 11 fonts for $19 + new font bundle! - September 19, 2018
- Fall into style with fall fashions now 30% at Gymboree! - September 19, 2018
- 250 Prints or 10 Magnets today only! - September 19, 2018